Sunday, May 2, 2010

fingerless mitts

Not the fanciest pictures on this blog, but I thought it worth posting that my first and second pairs of fingerless mitts are officially done. Well, they were actually done in March, but it took me this long to track down photos of them. I love wearing them - these red/pink ones are by far my favourite because they match everything I wear, and they have a fancy mohair cuff. I knit these ones my preferred way: freestyle, without a pattern! I just increased and decreased stitches to fit the dimensions of my hands. Knit with the wool I won from Canadian Living Magazine's Make + Do Crafting Blog, I'm now a convert to super soft fair trade alpaca.
These purple lovelies came from a pattern I found on the web that included a ribbed cuff (good for a snug fit) and ribbed top (which I think looks a little funny with the bind off I used). I can't find the pattern anywhere, but I know cast on with 30 stitches and knit 2/purl 2 for about 6 rounds at the cuff. The rest was just knit, knit, knit. The wool I used was much more blue-lavender to begin with, so I dyed it in violet to make it a more palatable pinky-purple. Less old-lady, more fabulous. Here's another fingerless mitten pattern that has no ribbing if you want to give it a try: Fingerless Mitts from KNoon Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...