Thursday, December 17, 2009

hot sour salty sweet

Last night I made a very special and authentic (ie: uses a lot of raw ingredients) Pad Thai for the BF and I. Based on how he's shoveling it in and his eyes are glazed over in the image above, I think it was a grand success! The recipe comes from a gorgeous cookbook I was given as a gift, called Hot Sour Salty Sweet, and it's by a Canadian couple (Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid) who have spent years traveling through Southeast Asia collecting recipes from those they meet, all the while taking stunning images of the food, people and landscape.
The Pad Thai is awesome the next day, which is what I just finished eating about 10 minutes ago! The recipe is incredibly long, but SO much better and more developed flavor-wise than any other Pad Thai recipe I've tried that it's well worth the extra effort. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...