Wednesday, December 30, 2009

i am the LOG LADY

Wanna know how to make your own edible log for the Holidays? I thought so! First of all, you bake the batter on a jellyroll pan (I've never heard of a jellyroll pan before either...), otherwise known as a cookie sheet with edges.

Then you roll it up with some almond and chocolate-infused whipped-cream inside.

Finally you cut a piece off, attach it to the side and ice it with dark chocolate frosting to make it look like an actual log! Here in Quebec it's called a Bûche de Noël, or as Anglos say Yule Log. When I was taking it over to my friends' place for their Reveillon (francais pour Stay Up Late) on X-mas Eve, my cab driver said only old Quebecois folks make this recipe these days. I felt proud and ashamed at the same time...which pretty much sums up being a non-French speaker in Quebec!
I wanted to say, "The owls are not what they seem...", but didn't. Merry X-mas David Lynch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...