Monday, May 17, 2010

of Montreal

Great, great times were had this weekend past in the fine city of Montreal! Rather than focusing our time on finding that PERFECT summer dress or vinyl pressing on Son House, we focused on QT with some of our loved ones and reaped the rewards. Only in Montreal can shabby be so very chic! (see below)

We hung out with my fiance's bro and sis n' law out in the 'burbs. They know me so well now: I unwrapped their prezzies to find Yarn Bombing, by the author duo Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain. Just last week I heard they're doing a Call for Submissions for their new book on contemporary embroidery called Hoopla: The Art of Unexpected Embroidery. Not to mention the connection with the Winterlude Tree Cosy Project from February of this year, it was a synchronistic sort of gift and tres cool. Favourite project in this book: Knitted Poster Frame.

Not only did I receive a wack of knitting inspiration, my sister in law C. knit me a gorgeous, cosy scarf in a star-kind of stitch whose name I don't know. Lovely!

Time on The Mountain watching Capoeira, licking Popsicles, napping, eating fancy vegan food and holding friends' babies is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...