Thursday, August 12, 2010

the key to (pregnancy survival) success: BRAN

I hate and love to tell you all that BRAN has become my best friend in the past few months: hate because of how dependent I've become on it for reasons I'll only imply, and love because it happens to taste pretty awesome in muffin form! Allrecipes.com is my go-to website for recipes made and tested and rated by real home cooks - and it's where I found the recipe for Classic Bran Muffins. This recipe has saved me more then once these past couple of months (ahem...), and I've found I'm able to adapt the basic recipe in multiple ways.

I've added at different times:

~walnuts (1/2 cup)
~shredded carrot and zucchini (1/2 cup of each together)
~blueberries (1 cup)
~cinnamon and nutmeg and cumin (I like a lot of flavor)
~raisins and other dried fruit (1/2-3/4 cup)

Try this recipe and let me know how you've adapted it - the fiber alone will make you sing and dance for joy, but the flavor will keep you coming back to try new ingredient combinations. I swear.

Image above by: this Allrecipes member

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...