Thursday, December 23, 2010

my x-mas picks

This is a list of things I would love to make, do, buy or eat during the 2010 Holiday season...but since my priority is getting in sync with my new son and his needs, I figured I'd show them here and possibly take them on next year when the timing might be a bit better. Check them out!

Cinnamon Buns Recipe care of 101 Recipes, my absolute favourite food blog! This image is also copyrighted by Heidi Swanson, who adapted and made this scrumptious treat!

Candy Cane Bath Salts Recipe from Momadvice.com! This would make a GREAT homemade X-mas gift, not to mention something I'd like to use myself!

Candy Cane Bath Salts

  • 12 tall jelly (12-ounce) canning jars with lid and rings
  • 2 bags of Epsom Salts, 4 pounds each (approximately 16 cups)
  • 4 lb kosher salt (approximately 6 cups is needed, buy two boxes and cook with the rest)
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon glycerin, divided
  • 16 drops eucalyptus peppermint essential oil
  • 15 drops red colorant

Empty one bag of Epsom Salts into large mixing bowl. Add 3 cups kosher salt, stir well. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon glycerin and eight drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Mix well. In second large mixing bowl, empty one bag of Epsom Salts, and add 3 cups kosher salt. Stir well. Add 1/4 teaspoon glycerin, eight drops of eucalyptus essential oil, and red colorant. Stir until completely blended. Color should be even. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill canning jars at an angle, layer salts in jars, alternating white and colored mixtures.

Jade Beaded Necklace from Martha Stewart (of course). This super simple design would ALSO make a delovely gifty for a friend or loved one. Just sayin'.


Nordik Adventures Dog Sledding! This is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do, and to be honest I don't think I'll be able to this winter. How Canadian! How Quebec! Next year, it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...